1. The Warriors should target Aron Baynes
One of the NBA’s most underrated players this season, Aron Baynes is a player that the Warriors should list as target No. 1 in free agency. Baynes’ versatile skill set will make him a highly desired target this offseason, and his fit with the Warriors would be unquestionable.
For the first seven seasons of his career, Baynes bounced around the league, serving as a decent big man that could boost a team’s second unit.
More from Golden Gate Sports
- Raiders: Rookie stock report following Week 3 performance
- 49ers sign new long snapper amidst a flurry of roster moves
- Oakland Athletics win Game 2 of Wild Card round with late-inning drama
- 49ers: George Kittle and Deebo Samuel cleared to return to practice
- 49ers expected to place DE Dee Ford on injured reserve
However, in his first year with the Phoenix Suns this season, Baynes showcased significant development as he was in the midst of a career year before the season halted.
The big man averaged 11.5 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game. Perhaps the biggest surprise this season was Baynes’ ability to shoot the ball from long range, something that was not in his arsenal until now.
Baynes connected on 35.1 percent of his three-pointers this season, which is a compelling number for a center in today’s game. His ability to shoot the ball but also do some damage on the interior makes him a perfect fit for the Warriors.
Set to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason, the 33-year-old Baynes could be a stellar option for the Warriors to target.
Baynes has contributed to several top-tier teams over the years, and the Golden State Warriors could undoubtedly use his services next.