Round 4, Pick 118: Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa
In the fourth round, the 49ers could add a versatile defensive back like Michael Ojemudia out of Iowa. The former Hawkeye and senior standout would be great depth for San Francisco and help them plan for the future as well.
More from San Francisco 49ers
- 49ers sign new long snapper amidst a flurry of roster moves
- 49ers: George Kittle and Deebo Samuel cleared to return to practice
- 49ers expected to place DE Dee Ford on injured reserve
- 49ers sign TE Daniel Helm off the Buccaneers practice squad
- 49ers: Jordan Reed could miss up to two months, will be placed on IR
Next year, Sherman is a free agent along with three other corners on the team, so bolstering this group ahead of time would be smart for Lynch.
Last year, Ojemudia finished the season with 52 total tackles, nine passes defended and three picks. He brings ideal size at the position, standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 200 pounds. Ojemudia is also a speedy kid, running a 4.45 in his 40-yard dash.
His physical attributes are the biggest reason to like him, but Ojemudia will need a year or so to develop a bit further. The biggest improvement needs to be made in terms of his anticipation.
When he can get a little quicker at diagnosing plays and routes, he’ll be in line for a potential starting gig.