The Sacramento Kings will need a strong finish to the season to make a playoff push.
1. Sacramento Kings vs. New Orleans Pelicans, Tuesday, August 11, 9:00 pm
Everyone loves Zion Williamson and Kings fans will be excited to watch this showdown. It will be the second of two games against the Pelicans, with the other being Thursday, August 6. Interestingly, Sacramento will be the “home” team for each of the matchups.
In their only meeting earlier this season, the two teams played a hotly-contested game, which ended in a two-point victory for the Pels.
Harrison Barnes went off for 30 points, two off of his season-high. Zion did not play in the first contest, but it was Lonzo Ball who double-doubled his way to the 117-115 win.
2. Sacramento Kings vs. Dallas Mavericks, Tuesday, August 4, 2:30 pm
This contest is the fourth meeting of the season between the two teams, with the Dallas Mavericks being victorious in two of the three games.
More from Golden Gate Sports
- Raiders: Rookie stock report following Week 3 performance
- 49ers sign new long snapper amidst a flurry of roster moves
- Oakland Athletics win Game 2 of Wild Card round with late-inning drama
- 49ers: George Kittle and Deebo Samuel cleared to return to practice
- 49ers expected to place DE Dee Ford on injured reserve
The teams have scored a ton in these matchups, as they have combined for a total of 707 points, and if averaged out, 118 points per game per team. This should be a high-flying, exciting game between the Kings and Mavs.
3. Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers, Thursday, August 13, time TBD
If they do play, then this game absolutely vaults to No. 1 on this list, but to be safe, we are at No. 3 here.
This contest is the only Kings one with a TBD time, and it will be a part of a seven-game day on August 13, the second-to-last day of the NBA’s regular season.
Sacramento enters “bubble” play 3.5 games behind the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies, and if Kings fans are hoping for a chance at the playoffs, they may want LeBron and A.D. to sit this one out.