4. Week 15 — Away @ Dallas Cowboys
There’s always something on the line when these two historic franchises face off. The 49ers and Cowboys have played in some legendary games over the years, and their impending 2020 faceoff could add to that history. It might also be one of San Francisco’s toughest games.
Jerry World is always a tough place to play, with the constant national spotlight, the allure of “America’s Team” and all the stadium’s bells and whistles. The 2020 Cowboys are also coming to play.
Coming off yet another disappointing 8-8 season under Jason Garrett in 2019, the Cowboys narrowly missed out on a second consecutive division title and third playoff appearance in four seasons.
More from Golden Gate Sports
- Raiders: Rookie stock report following Week 3 performance
- 49ers sign new long snapper amidst a flurry of roster moves
- Oakland Athletics win Game 2 of Wild Card round with late-inning drama
- 49ers: George Kittle and Deebo Samuel cleared to return to practice
- 49ers expected to place DE Dee Ford on injured reserve
In 2020, the Cowboys have restocked the cupboard, hiring a new head coach with winning pedigree in Mike McCarthy to pair with talented, if currently disgruntled quarterback Dak Prescott.
They have one of the best running backs in football in Ezekiel Elliott and an elite wide receiver in Amari Cooper. Not to mention, they had one of the best drafts in the league, highlighted by one of the top wide receiver prospects in the 2020 class, CeeDee Lamb out of Oklahoma.
Defensively, the team underachieved in 2019 but return many of their bright young playmakers in 2020 along with a few free agent and draft acquisitions. Overall, they still possess solid talent at all three levels within the unit.
This is bound to be an important, late-season game that could alter the NFC standings. Hence, it was given the Sunday Night Football slot for Week 15. At the very minimum, a game of this magnitude would have been assigned a 1:25 PM PT kickoff.
- Week 7 @ New England Patriots, Week 9 vs. Green Bay Packers