2016 — Trent Frederic
More from San Jose Sharks
- San Jose Sharks have reportedly ‘checked in’ on free agent RW Bobby Ryan
- San Jose Sharks reportedly plan to move on from Aaron Dell
- San Jose Sharks not expected to buyout goalie Martin Jones
- San Jose Sharks officially name Bob Boughner head coach
- San Jose Sharks: Doug Wilson needs to step up with Bob Boughner
Jones has spent the last five seasons with the Sharks, playing in 293 games — starting 291 of them — recording 155 wins, 17 shutouts, a .908 SV%, 2.60 GAA, .526 QS%, and finishing in the top-10 for the Vezina Trophy voting in both his first two seasons.
Although Jones has struggled the last two seasons, he was one of the league’s best starting goalies in his first two seasons with the Sharks and was able to lead them to a Stanley Cup Finals appearance in his first season as a full-time starter.
The Bruins used this first-round pick you draft center Trent Frederic at 29th overall. Frederic has very little NHL experience over the last two seasons, playing in just 17 games and scoring no points.
Jones has been a vital part of the Sharks’ success over his time with the team, while Frederic has done little to nothing for the Bruins since being drafted. Unless Frederic breaks out in the next couple of years, I think the Sharks won this trade.