2. Cory Littleton
If there is only one player the Raiders throw big money at in free agency, Cory Littleton should be that guy.
Littleton had a breakout season for the Rams defense last year, finishing with 134 tackles, 3.5 sacks, six tackles for loss, two interceptions, and nine pass deflections. His overall grade to finish the season was 78.9 per Pro Football Focus.
The Raiders haven’t had a linebacker even decent in coverage in so long and Littleton would instantly change that.
More from Las Vegas Raiders News
- Raiders: Rookie stock report following Week 3 performance
- Raiders: Bryan Edwards out, Henry Ruggs doubtful for Sunday
- Raiders: Damon Arnette re-injures thumb, could be headed to IR
- Raiders fall short in letdown Week 3 loss to the New England Patriots
- Raiders: Game breakdown and prediction for Week 3 at New England Patriots
At the midway point of the 2019 season, Littleton had the highest coverage grade among linebackers in the entire league. Over the past two seasons total, he’s posted a coverage grade of 90.6.
He is no slouch against the run either, with the lowest missed tackle rate in the NFL at just 3.6 percent, the speed to go sideline to sideline, and the block destruction to shoot gaps and stuff runs in the inside.
Durability is another plus for Littleton, as the four-year vet has yet to miss a game. Littleton will be looking for a contract that makes him one of the highest-paid linebackers in the NFL, likely somewhere around $12-16 million per year.
The Raiders should definitely be willing to offer something in that range and finally address the linebacker position with a proven commodity.