6. Khris Davis, DH
When to Target: Picks 145-155
More from Golden Gate Sports
- Raiders: Rookie stock report following Week 3 performance
- 49ers sign new long snapper amidst a flurry of roster moves
- Oakland Athletics win Game 2 of Wild Card round with late-inning drama
- 49ers: George Kittle and Deebo Samuel cleared to return to practice
- 49ers expected to place DE Dee Ford on injured reserve
Khris Davis is the ultimate gamble.
He was one of the most feared power hitters in baseball from 2015 to 2018 (with an average of 44 home runs per season). His above-average production in hits and RBI made him a monster in head-to-head formats. His .247 average also kept him relevant in roto leagues.
However, Davis saw a distinct downturn last season. While the rest of the sport enjoyed record home runs statistics, Davis recorded a shockingly low 23 blasts with a .220 average.
While he has been public about his drive to return to a normal level of production, there is a chance that the 32-year-old has begun a permanent career decline. His fantasy value is also hampered by his position eligibility being excluded to only designated hitter.
However, if you’re looking for a boom-or-bust typed player in the final round of your draft, the designated hitter may be worth a flier.
Which Oakland A’s players are you targeting in your fantasy draft?