5. Ramon Laureano, CF
When to Target: Picks 105-115
More from Oakland Athletics
- Oakland Athletics win Game 2 of Wild Card round with late-inning drama
- Oakland Athletics end perfect game, still lose Game 1 of Wild Card round
- Oakland Athletics: Jesus Luzardo will start Game 1 of Wild Card round
- Oakland Athletics clinch first AL West title since 2013
- Oakland Athletics: Can Jamb Lamb save the restructured infield?
Ramon Laureano is likely the first name on this list that casual baseball fans won’t be familiar with. However, he should receive serious consideration as a player to fill out the last part of your outfield.
The slugger doesn’t have the same All-Star caliber upside as the aforementioned names. But he does have solid power and hitting abilities. The third-year player hit 24 homers last season with a .288 average. He is projected to hit for similar numbers again this year.
You can never have too much power in fantasy baseball. The A’s center fielder should provide good numbers without sacrificing average. Don’t reach too high for Laureano. But don’t pass him up if you have a chance to add him later in your draft.