2. Alec Burks
Another player having a career year offensively in his first season with the Warriors, Alec Burks is a player Golden State could move ahead of the deadline if the price is right. Having revived his career on this struggling team, contenders could be interested.
More from Golden State Warriors
- Warriors unlikely to draft Anthony Edwards due to character concerns
- Warriors: September minicamp mimics NBA bubble
- Warriors: Eric Paschall named to NBA All-Rookie first team
- Warriors reportedly eyeing a wing in the 2020 NBA Draft
- Warriors: Is the team destined to trade its No. 2 overall draft pick?
His 15.8 points per game rank second among healthy players on the roster and has provided a huge spark offensively. Teams in the hunt for a scoring guard off the bench could potentially have an underrated option here.
Much like teammate Glen Robinson III, Burks also is attached to a very team-friendly contract. Set to make $2.3 million and become a free agent after this season, the 28-year old remains very affordable for a contending team.
Likely to get a bigger contract offer in free agency from another team, trading him for something now rather than letting him walk would make sense.
Some organizations will be attempting to trade for the shooting guard, making it unlikely he remains on the team past the deadline.