This afternoon, the Warriors are facing yet another team that has given them problems in the past, in the Timberwolves. This time, however, the Timberwolves are injury-plagued and without superstar Kevin Love. Look out, however, as Ricky Rubio has returned to the lineup and is just starting to get back into the flow of his game, scoring double digits every night for the past week. The Warriors no doubt, would love to extend this winning streak to 3 before facing 4 tough teams to beat. It’s going to be another long road trip.
Keys to the Game:
1. Get Lee Going: When the Warriors were without Andrew Bogut against the Spurs, Lee had no problems on the glass, pulling down a surprising 22 rebounds, a career high for him. The Warriors easily defended bigs like Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter without a legitimate center. Now that Kevin Love is out, the Wolves don’t have a primary scorer that can match up with an all-star like David Lee. If Lee gets to work early, the Warriors will have success.
2. Find the Shooters: With shooters like Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson looking to both have big games, Big’s like David Lee have the passing ability to get them the ball when they’re open. Klay Thompson nee
ds to have a big game if the Warriors want to win tonight. Also, with Jarrett Jack as the Warriors’ secret weapon, he needs to keep hitting his shots to bring some off-the-bench energy.
Matchup to Watch: Stephen Curry vs Ricky Rubio
Players to Watch: Curry, Lee, Thompson
Leading Scorer: Stephen Curry 24
Winner: Warriors by 10
1. Stephen Curry vs Ricky Rubio
2. Klay Thompson vs Luke Ridnour
3. Harrison Barnes vs Andre Kirilenko
4. David Lee vs Derrick Williams
5. Andris Biedrins vs Nikola Pekovic