The Rockets scored 140 points on the Warriors a few nights ago. Yes that’s a lot of points: it is demoralizing to be embarrassed and blown out by 31 points.
The Warriors are going to come back from this very strong. Rest assured this will be one of the most satisfying wins of the year.
Keys to the Game:
1. Defend the Arc: This one is a no-brainer. If the Rockets dropped 26
three pointers, tying an NBA record, I’m sure Mark Jackson has really kicked these guys’ butts. 26 three pointers is really bad perimeter defense. If the Warriors can fix this area, they’ll get about 15 points back. Each possession is very valuable.
2. Rebound the Ball: With Omer Asik lurking on the inside, the Warriors need to rebound the ball. With Andrew Bogut’s minutes increasing, he and David Lee should be inhaling rebounds. I’m not saying that the Rockets can’t get any offensive rebounds, but there should be a lot less.
3. Utilize Bogut: The Warriors almost forget how adept and skilled Bogut is, as they haven’t seen a healthy center for a while. If the Dubs runs the offense through him, there’s no telling what could happen.
Matchup to Watch: Jeremy Lin vs Stephen Curry
Players to Watch: Stephen Curry, Omer Asik, Andrew Bogut
Leading Scorer: James Harden, 29
Winner: Warriors by less than 5
1. Stephen Curry vs Jeremy Lin
2. Klay Thompson vs James Harden
3. Harrison Barnes vs Chandler Parsons
4. David Lee vs Patrick Patterson
5. Andrew Bogut vs Omer Asik