The end of a brutal road trip would at lease be a team that is below .500. Right now, the Warriors saw two blowout losses, in which they allowed two teams to score over 115 points each, and one loss against Memphis that they just ran out of time for. It’s been a rough couple of games for the Warriors, who are now headed to Dallas to close the trip. After that they’re back home in Houston, then it’s right back on the road!
Keys to the Game:
1. Get Bazemore Going: There’s no guarantee that Jarrett Jack is going to be playing tonight. With the young promising talent of Kent Bazemore, the Warriors are likely going to play him. Scoring 11 points against the Thunder really proved to be a confidence booster. Although the Warriors seem helpless without Jarrett Jack, they can try to get Bazemore going and see if he can replace Jack for the time being. If Jack plays tonight, however, the Warriors will be in good shape.
2. Shut down Dirk: The last two times the Warriors faced off with the Mavericks, the Mavs were without their superstar Dirk Nowtizki. He’s only averaging around 15 PPG but on any given night will be able to go off. Yes, he chocked in the playoffs, but he doesn’t do that often in the regular season. If the Warriors can shut him down, they have a good chance to win.
Matchup to Watch: David Lee vs Dirk Nowtizki
Players to Watch: Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry
Leading Scorer: Stephen Curry. 24
Winner: Warriors by 2
1. Stephen Curry vs Darren Collison
2. Klay Thompson vs Oj Mayo
3. Harrison Barnes vs Sean Marion
4. David Lee vs Dirk Nowtizki
5. Andris Biedrins vs Bernard James