Last night, the Warriors were pummeled by the Rockets, 140-109, in regulation. The Rockets scored an NBA-tying 23 three pointers, and just scorched the Warriors. In retrospect, 109 is a pretty high score. Unfortunately, the Warriors’ defense wasn’t good. Klay Thompson, a starter, only had 20 minutes. Jackson was saving him for the real challenge against the Thunder. The Warriors could quite possibly fall to 30-19, still in the 6th seed. They will likely finish here.
Keys to the Game:
1. Guard Durant: This is really just self explanatory. Durant is one of the best scorers in the league. If the Warriors don’t find someone to limit him to under 30 points, then they will be in for a long night.
2. Rebounding: No, the Thunder aren’t a great rebounding team. This means that the Warriors really have to try and make a statement. When outrebounding their opponents, the Warriors don’t lose many.
Matchup to Watch: Kevin Durant vs Klay Thompson
Players To Watch: Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry
Leading Scorer: Kevin Durant, 29
Winner: Thunder by 8
1. Stephen Curry vs Russell Westbrook
2. Klay Thompson vs Thabo Sefoloshia
3. Harrison Barnes vs Kevin Durant
4. David Lee vs Serge Ibaka
5. Festus Ezeli vs Kendrick Perkins