After a long road-trip, the Warriors are finally back home. Tonight, Carl Landry (shoulder), Harrison Barnes (knee), and Andrew Bogut (ankle), will all return to the lineup. Unfortunately, the Warriors will still be without star player Stephen Curry who once again turned his ankle. It’s beginning to look a lot like last year and the year before: isn’t it?
Keys to Win: The Mavericks, although their record doesn’t show it, are actually one of the better teams in the NBA. They have budding star OJ Mayo, and long-time star Dirk Nowitzki. This is a squad that can really light it up.
1. Dominate the PG Battle: this isn’t going to be easy for Jarrett Jack. He has to deal with Darren Collison, who’s a bug on the inside. Jack needs to have it going tonight.
2. Let Bogut Dominate: it’s been a while since Andrew Bogut has scored more than 12 points in a game. Don’t you think he’d like to? If the Warriors let Bogut be the Center of the offense, everything will come naturally and the Warriors will win. If they do this, the Mavericks are in for another long night.
3. Get Thompson Going: Yes, Thompson has had it going for a while, but he has been inconsistent this season. In the past few games, ever since Curry injured his ankle twice, Thompson has been on a scoring binge and looking like the budding star he truly is. He needs to pick up 25 points tonight.
Matchup to Watch: Dirk Nowitzki vs David Lee
Players to Watch: Darren Collison, Klay Thompson
Leading Scorer: Klay Thompson, 27
Winner: Warriors by 7
1. Jarrett Jack vs Darren Collison
2. Klay Thompson vs OJ Mayo
3. Harrison Barnes vs Sean Marion
4. David Lee vs Dirk Nowitzki
5. Andrew Bogut vs Bernard James?